Re: ssh bookmarks?

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 01:10:01PM +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20010324115158.B26149@seteuid.getuid.de>, "Christian Kurz"
> <shorty@debian.org> wrote:

(shorty, apparently in patience, if not appearance... :)

> > What is so difficult about reading the manpage and looking for "User"
> > and "Host" in it?
> >
> > Host sample
> >  Hostname bla.sample.xyz User user
> >
> > Would you mind consulting please the available manpages and other
> > documentation first, before sending such a question to this list?
>
> Sorry! I looked in the manpage for "bookmark", which I didn't find.

and maybe even "shortcut" (windo~1) or "alias" (mac os)...

cool. this is exactly the kind of thing we newbies run into when
trying to learn stuff: we don't know the EXACT incantation
necessary, even though we try various synonyms...

that's what the newbiedoc project is for -- documents BY folks
like you who have run the gauntlet and learned what's needed,
written FOR folks like you who just want to get something done
but don't know where to turn...

if you get your ssh working all nice and fancy, why not cnosider
writing up your experience as a newbiedoc? you'll save next
week's newbie lots of hair-pulling, and you'll sleep better
knowing you've helped... :)

--
http://newbieDoc.sourceforge.net/ -- we need your brain!