Re: anoying flash in vi

Stan Brown wrote:

> Sorry to have to ask about thia again.
>
> I posted a month or so agoa asking how to get rid of the anoying "visual bell" in
> Debian's default vi (nvi). Some kind soul gave me the magic incatation, but the
> machine i had done that on has died :-(, and I did not keeep notes.
>
> So, once again, how do I stop this anoying behavior?

  doesn't nvi have help files (it should be described in either man page
or help file accessbile from inside of the program)? in vim I just typed
:help bell and I got the usefull info (probably no good for nvi so I'm
not including it here)

  also check the terminal program - it might support visual bell as
well.

	erik