Re: Where to put an xmodmap script

.xinitrc doesn't exist in my home dir.  Neither did .xsession until I
created it and added the line:

	xmodmap .xmodmap

Then when I try to login, I get dumped out, presumably because
.xsession doesn't end with a line like

	exec wmaker &

I thought I read that .xsession is more general than .xinitrc because
xdm will read xsession but not xinitrc.

Since these files didn't exist before, I'm guessing that a default
xsession or xinitrc was being read from somewhere else, but I couldn't
figure out where.  If I could find it, I could use it to create a
customized one in my home dir, right?