Re: Forwarding serial devices

"Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@inka.de> writes:

> where do I find information on how to forward serial devices from one
> computer to another via a network (in my case I want to use a graphics
> tablet connected to another computer)?

If its a X11-application use ssh and X11-forwarding. Sucks up some
bandwith (depending on the application) but works fine otherwise. I do
it e.g. with gphoto where the camera is connected to my wifes computer
and I have no serial port free.

Otherwise, I know only of professional (e.g. expensive) solutions.

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt