Re: problems compiling the kernel 2.4.2 with: debian testing/unstable

Hi!

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001, Miguel F. M. Sousa Filipe wrote:

> I've instaled debian 2.2r0.. and then.. updgraded to the unstable version
> with dselect, i can't see what package could be missing to cause this.. or
> any other reason... totaly lost out here!

Without thinking too hard about your specific error message (since I'm
not sure I'd be able to contribute much in that regard) I just wanted
to confirm that you have the as86 (from package info: 8086 assembler
and loader which can make 32-bit code for the 386+ processors, under
Linux it's used only to create the 16-bit bootsector and setup
binaries) assembler which is needed only on the i386 architecture and
can be found in the bin86 package (apt-get install bin86).  I've been
having some trouble myself with compiling 2.2.18pre21 on my thinkpad,
and wonder if it's a memory error in my case, but that's another
issue.  Yours certainly doesn't seem to be a memory issue to me.

HTH,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics