Re: Matlab R11 doesn't want to run after recent apt-get upgrade

Wow... reported Thursday (by someone other than me), new package available Saturday morning...

Thats what I call service... thanks Branden! (xlib6 maintainer)

The libs in package xlib6 (which Matlab was trying to find the correct versions of) were accidentally linked to libc6 when they should have been linked against libc5.

And work on my thesis can continue :)

-- Ken

> On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Kenneth Litko wrote:
>
> > I just apt-get'ted my system and Matlab (student version R11) doen't
want to start for me.

> > | bash-2.04$ matlab
> > | /usr/local/bin/matlab5/bin/lnx86/matlab: can't load library
'libXt.so.6'
> > | bash-2.04$
> >
> > But...
> >
> > | megatron:/home/phenym# ldconfig -v | grep libXt.so
> > |         libXt.so.6 -> libXt.so.6.0
> > |         libXt.so.6 -> libXt.so.6.0
> > | megatron:/home/phenym#
> >
> > The tail end of an strace follows this... There are some libs that
matlab can't find, but I'm not enough of a programmer to understand exactly
what's going on. Does anyone have a clue as to what may be wrong?

> > TIA
> >
> > Ken
> >

> > old_mmap(0x40990000, 203740, PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_FIXED,
3, 0) =
[snip]