Re: audio recording in xawtv

On Sat Mar 24 08:16:17 2001 Roberto Diaz wrote...

>Hi!..
>
>I am trying out the avi recording capabilities of xawtv (latest stable
>potato version) but I am not getting success with audio. The video is fine
>but I've never get audio.. xanim +Ae doesnt work.. the xanim control
>widget shows me a volume control but it has no effect..
>
>All the rest of the sound capabilities in my system (cd, xmms, microphone
>recording.. etc..) are working fine..
>
>I am using alsa..

	Hmm, I'm working on someting similar to this.

	How did you get sound working in xawtv at all? In my case I had to run a jumper
	from "line out" on the WinTV card to "line in" on the sound card. Given this, I
	can't see how recording sound can work at all.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.