Re: bind worm

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 03:20:49PM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
> Bill White wrote:
> >
>   you might want to check the archives of security but AFAIK the
> security problems are released for potato as well. So I guess if it was
> fixed in testing/unstable it was also fixed in stable...

Well, actually I went to www.debian.org, and checked with the
package search tool.  I also ran "apt-get update" on my firewall
machine, and tried to upgrade, but apt-get only wanted to install
the 8.2.2p7 version.  Then, I added security.debian.org to my
sources list, and I got the 8.2.3 version of bind, along with a
bunch of other things which are presumably important.

I couldn't speculate as to whether or how security was deleted
from my sources.list, but I doubt that it was an intruder.  It
was more likely my not understanding how to live my life.

--
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.
bill.white@griggsinst.org                 Griggs Research Institute