Re: can't print from acroread

> In cases where the same thing acts differently from different
> programs, I usually suspect the environment.  Add
>
> env
>
> to your script, and see what differs.  I don't know offhand what it
> could be, but it's worth a try.
>
> --
> Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - In a variety of flavors!
> We read to say that we have read.

Great idea although nothing immediately jumps out at me as to what
concerning the differences could cause the print failure.  The
differences were entirely environmental variables that were present in
the environment coming from acroread yet absent in mine.  Thus, I
defined these extra environmental variables in my current shell
environment and tried the same script from the command line.  It still
printed fine.

Here's results of a diff between acroread's environment and mine,
respectively:

2d1
< ACRO_ARG0=/usr/bin/X11/acroread
4d2
< LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/lib:/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/lib
10,11d7
< XKEYSYMDB=/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/lib/XKeysymDB
< XFILESEARCHPATH=/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/%T/%L/%N%S:/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/%T/%l/%N%S:/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/%T/%N%S16d11
< PSRESOURCEPATH=/home/py/psres:/home/py/fonts:/usr/psres:/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/intellinux/fonts:/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/../Resource/Encoding:/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader/../Resource/CMap::
19c14
< ACRO_INSTALL_DIR=/usr/lib/Acrobat4/Reader
---
> _=/usr/bin/env
25d19
< ACRO_CONFIG=intellinux