Re: beginner -- installing ssh

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:56:20PM -0600, Jake R. Johnson wrote:
> I am trying to install ssh and am having some problems
>
> #apt-get install openssh

There is no 'openssh' package.  The 'ssh' package is really openssh.
The 'ssh-nonfree' package is ssh.  I personally think that was a
terrible decision on the part of the ssh maintainer...  Openssh should
be openssh, and ssh should be ssh.

In any case, add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://non-us.debian.org /potato/non-US main contrib non-free

Then 'apt-get update', 'apt-get install ssh' and all will be well.

noah