Re: X11 header files - which package? -SOLVED

On 23 Mar 2001, Colin Watson wrote:
> Anthony Campbell <a.campbell@doctors.org.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> For XFree 4.02 it is: xlibs-dev
> >
> >Thanks - got it now. Unfortunately, this only partially solves my
> >problem, which is trying to compile the latest version of vim (6.0y)
> >with GUI support. Configure now finds the X11 headers but still says
> >there is no gui support. I don't understand this.
>
> 'apt-cache showsrc vim' on unstable says:
>
> Build-Depends: libgtk-dev, libgpmg1-dev, perl5, tcl8.3-dev, python-dev,
> debhelper, libncurses5-dev

Thanks to you and Moritz Schulte for replies. I got vim-6.0y to compile
in the end; I deleted the whole directory and unpacked the tar.gz files
again, and this time it worked. I suppose there were some broken files
left over from my first efforts.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Gnu/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books, skeptical essays, and over 120 book reviews, go to:

Those who chase originality ... are more likely to find they have caught
insread her ugly sister, eccentricity...          [F.L. Lucas]