Re: IP masq, forward ?

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Szfelix wrote:

> I change the WIN2000 server.
> The local terminals can ping the output eth card but I can't go out on the
> internet.
> >From gateway  I can go out.
> So simply what and where I must write to resolve this problem.
>
> and, where i can find a documentation, step by step to understand the linux
> platform.
> I pograming in DOS,WINDOWS since 1990 , so imagine what is in my mind...  :)
>
> I try MAN but I want to understand, to feel the LINUX system.
>
>         Thanx
>                Felix

It looks like you've got both of your Ethernet interfaces up and working
and IP forwarding working in the kernel. Did you compile in the IP
Masquerade modules into the kernel? That or the configuration of ip_chains
might be in error. In any case there is a great HOWTO on this, the 'Linux
IP Masquerade HOWTO', which can be gotten from several HOWTO locations, I
use <http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html>. I've been
able to install several IP Masquerading routers based on this.