Re: Help with XFree86Setup

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 02:17:38PM +1100, Matthew Dalton scribbled...
> Jason Majors wrote:
>
> > Try upgrading to 4.x it supports more cards, and I'm not sure if the v3 is
> > supported by 3.3.6 (plus 4.x is just sooo much better).
>
> The Voodoo3 is supported by Xfree86 3.3.6.
I didn't know (hence the 'not sure' part).

> I think it would be better for this guy to get some experience with
> Linux before he attepmts to upgrade X!

I don't. Upgrading X was pretty easy. I did it within a day of first using
Debian (last week actually). And except for not knowing to link XFree86 to X
by hand things went perfectly. And that problem was fixed after a quick email to
this list.