Japanese fonts

Hello,
I have a computer at home that myself and my wife use, I would like to set it up for her to be able to log in and
email/surf using Japanese fonts. I know it's possible, but I was looking for suggestions from someone using a
similiar setup. In the past I've used the jamondo program for Win, and I was looking into dual booting with the
Japanese Win98. Since her use will be limited this seems like overkill, I'm sure there must be a better solution
in linux.

Any help would be appreciated,
Dean Posey