Re: security.debian.org

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 10:25:06AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Does anyone know what is wrong with  http://security.debian.org? Why it is
> so slow? I am trying to do a dist-upgrade since the last two days and the
> process almost stops at this site... :(

Well, it could be that you're in Brazil and security.debian.org is in
the Netherlands.  I imagine the connectivity between those two countries
isn't that great.

It's times like this when it would be nice if mirroring the security
site wasn't so discouraged.  I understand why they want all security
updates to come from a single point, but that point is not necessarily
universally accessable.

noah