reiserfs install

Hello,

I'm getting a new harddisk for my laptop soon, and I'd like to try
installing Debian on reiserfs on it. I was thinking of doing it like
this:

- install debian on 'spare' partition (by CD's)
- compile kernel 2.2.17
- get pcmcia/airo drivers from floppy and install
- download 2.4.2 kernel source, compile it
- boot 2.4.2 kernel
- download and compile reiserfs helper applications
- make a reiserfs partition
- make a copy of the 'spare' partition on the reiserfs disk
- change /etc/fstab on the reiserfs disk
- boot 2.4.2 kernel from the reiserfs disk
- edit sources.list to include testing
- apt-get update and dist-upgrade
- apt-get x,wdm and stuff
- get XF86Config-4 from disk
- hope everything now works well :)

Does this make sense?

Also, the disk is 20G. I reserve 3G for windows, a bit for swap,
leaving some 17G for linux. What is the best way to partition it?
7 gig for Linux and 2x5 gig for games and big stuff to mount on
/mnt or so?

--
Arnout Engelen <a.engelen@gmx.net>

Gelezen in de Debian Packaging Manual:
   It is assumed that the reader is reasonable familiar with the dpkg
   System Administrators' manual. Unfortunately this manual does not
   yet exist.