GIMP and page geometry

Is there any way to adjust page geometry in the GIMP?  I'm using the current
GIMP from testing with CUPS and a remote Epson Stylus Color 880.  I've set
GIMP to use the Stylus 800 driver, and it mostly works, but GIMP offsets the
page down by about half an inch.  This produces an extra half inch of margin
at the top of the page (which isn't all _that_ big of a
deal) and the bottom half inch of the image prints at the top of a second
page (which is really annoying).  And the portion on the second page prints
half an inch above the top of the first page's printed area, so it looks like
GIMP is getting the correct height for the printable area, it just has the
wrong starting point for it.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or which FM to read?

--
Linux will do for applications what the Internet did for networks.
    - IBM, "Peace, Love, and Linux"