CUPS 1.1.6 and KUPS ... interference

Hi
I installed CUPS 1.1.6 .I needed the upgrade due to show-stopping bug
in the earlier release that is part of the deb unstable tree. When I
try to install KUPS, the system attempts to also install libcupsys2
(among others), When it installs libcupsys2 it tries to overwrite
libcupsimage.so.2 which is part of the CUPS 1.1.6 package. It breaks
at that point.

How can I force it to either a) overwrite the existing file or b) not
attempt to install the replacement package ?

Jens