Re: FW: A fact & a problem

THANKS for the many suggestions
Finally I made it!!!!
The problem was that I didn't check the presence of rtl3189.o in
/lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/net.
I simply found it there. Then I tried two alternative succesfull solution:
1) in the file /etc/modules.conf I added a line "alias eth0 rtl8139" and, of
course, depmod.
2) I simply added a line "rtl8139" in the /etc/modules file.
They both work great, but #2 seems more "complete" because I'm able to start
and configure eth0 at boot time manipulating the /etc/network/interfaces.
Thank you again
Vittorio