Re: Cc: ing to debian-user when replying to a question

I'm guessing it depends on your mail app. I use mutt and unless I actively
CC: the list, it only goes to the author of the original message. But some
mail apps will automatically put the incoming CC: addresses into the reply's
CC:.
The fact that you're subscribed to the mailing list doesn't matter when you
respond. Your mail client doesn't care about lists, it cares about the addresses
in the fields. If you changed your To: to be the list address, then it would
forward the message to the rest of us, but if you just send a message to
foo@bar.com, it has no way of knowing to copy it to the list.
You should get two copies of this mail, one directly mailed to you and one
redirected by the list server.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 11:53:13PM -0700, Jimmy Richards scribbled...