Need Help getting rid of really anoying messages from Pam_unix (cron).

Recent upgrades from woody to a blend of testing/unstable has resulted
in me getting a continuous stream of messages on every consol screen
from;

"Pam_unix[1235]: (cron) session opened for user list by (uid=0)"

and a simalar message  from user root. Does anyone have ANY idea how to
get rid of these. I can't see where any of the config files were changed
that might have caused this. Even a WAG will be appreciated. Thanks!
--

John Foster