Re: color printing in magicfilter

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 02:34:57PM +0000, jdls@apu.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using magicfilter (from unstable) to print documents. However, it can only print in black and white. I have a hp deskjet 855c and the current driver I am using is deskjet because there are no specific driver for 855c. should I try another driver instead? or is there something else I should do?

there are manny drivers to choose from:

   djet500, cdjcolor, cdjmono deskjet djet500 cdeskjet cdjcolor
   cdjmono cdj550 cdj500 djet500c dnj650c?  hpdj uniprint

just to name those from the potota gs-aladdin distribution.  And then
there is the possibility to use even more advanced drivers, but then
you'll have to do some compiling of your own, still on my todo list:)

Of those the quality of the code of hpdj is astonishing, a shere
delight just to read that source!  Besides, it always performed well
for me and my dj500.  It does color too, but you'll have to add a
parameter to tell it to.  A simpler road is to choose cdj550.

[[Does anybody know the qualitative difference of all the above printer
drivers? And how well do the newer cdj-derivates like cdj970 perform?]]

-- groetjes, carel