Re: can potato handle USB and cable modem?

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 04:21:02PM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 03:18:44PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > KingM Lee <klee12@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >2.  I currently have a network with two computers, and
> > >I would like to install cable modem, and have the
> > >second computer be able to access the net via the
> > >cable modem. I would need 2 NIC cards, and the cable
> > >modem provider is RoadRunner. Has anyone gotten this
> > >to work?
>
> Not with a roadrunner, but apart from that it's pretty standard.

<waaay too much information. just kidding.>

meaning,

	<edit /etc/network/interfaces to taste>
	ifup -a
	<ping hither and yon, to test>
	apt-get install ipmasq

i don't have roadrunner, but my cablemodem bubbles happily along,
with debian masquerading another linux box, plus three macs and a
windon't machine.

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com
http://newbieDoc.sourceforge.net/ -- we need your brain!