Re: apt-server

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 12:57:22PM +0100, Bernhard Wesely wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A friend of mine built some debian-packages, and I now try to put them at an
> apt-server for easy installing the packages at my work.
> I looked at the Debian-Hompage, but didn't find anything.
>
> Has anyone a hint, where I can start my search again?

<guess> since /etc/apt/sources.list specifies http:// and ftp://
for *.deb sources, you just have to have the proper directory
structure on your 'server' and then run an FTP or HTTP daemon
allowing access to that directory tree. </guess>

is there more to it than that?

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com
http://newbieDoc.sourceforge.net/ -- we need your brain!