Re: security line for source.lists

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 10:18:24AM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > Do you know about a good site to security for my
> > source.lists file? security.debian.org isn't working for me.
>
> This came up last week when there were problems accessing the site. They
> are supposed to be fixed now... are you still unable to access it ??
>
> Regardless, it was also mentioned that there is only *ONE* security
> site. There are *NO* mirrors of it. At least that's what I think someone
> said.
Yes, that's right - there is only one security site as i) they are normally
fairly small updates so do not consume vast amounts of bandwidth, ii)
mirroring the security site is a bad idea because a) it slows the propogation
of the updates and b) there is more risk of hacks which would rather negate
the purpose of a security site!

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman