Re: Problem with yesterday's woody update

David Purton <dcpurton@chariot.net.au> wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Pollywog wrote:
>> I got similar errors, but I am using a different PERL version, so
>> the problem may not be with PERL but with debconf.

s/PERL/Perl/ or s/PERL/perl/ *shudder*

>I'm not sure - I managed to get around this error by modifying
>libpaperg.config in this way:
>
>change line 3 which was "use Debconf::Client::ConfModule qw(:all);"
>to "use Debian::DebConf::Client::ConfModule qw(:all);"
>
>This then enabled libpaperg to be configured without problems.
>Perhaps this is a bug in libpaperg? (especially with the case of
>Debc(C)onf) *shrug*

That just indicates you're using an old debconf, because the Perl
modules have moved since and the old ones are deprecated. This is really
a problem with testing being hideously inconsistent at the moment; if
you're running testing because you like it being mostly stable, please
wait a while before upgrading (i.e. until the new debconf gets in).

>Also - I have no Idea wether these config files are the sort of things
>that I should be editing :) - but oh well - it worked

Not usually, and if libpaperg is upgraded then you'll have to do it
again. :) Sometimes these things are necessary with semi-stable
distributions, though.