Re: Flash Player ?

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 05:26:37PM -0500, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:

> (there should only be two file i believe) into your /usr/lib/netscape/plugins (or /usr/local/netscape/plugins as the case may be). Re-open netscape and visit a flash site to test (for example : http://www.odslinux.com/odslinux.swf ).

I just did it two nights ago.  You may install it in the PATH specified in
Macromedia's README file.  But *I believe* this works better...

Type:  about:plugins   in the address bar.

Scroll down, and find the current flash that is installed with Netscape.
Note the path.  Replace the existing version rather than add a new
version.

The suggested path in the README:
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins

The path where my current version was installed and I replaced:
/usr/lib/netscape/476/navigator/plugins/

FYI: It does work in either location.  The about:plugins is mentioned in
the README file.

Mark Hurley