Re: apt-server

Let's see if this might help:

I share the apt/archives directory on the firewall/fileserver via NFS with this
entry:

file: /etc/exports

/var/cache/apt/archives         192.168.0.2(rw,no_root_squash,insecure_locks)

and mount this directory on the workstations in this same location that way
whenever I download a package on one workstation is automatically available to
all others without a re-download.  Downsides 1-Only one workstation can use apt
at a given time, 2-You need to use the kernel-nfs server that provides lock file
support over NFS, other wise dpkg refuses to run(hence the option =
insecure_locks).  This method only shares the packages and not the package lists,
thus allowing some PCs to run slink others potato or woody.

Hope this gives you any idea.
/Robert/