Re: Pakages in a very bad inconsistent state

> > 'chattr -<attributes> /sbin/lsmod' listing the appropriate attributes
> > which are shows by lsattr.  I'm guessing it is set +i, +u or possibly
> > +a.
> If it would be so, would that really be a problem for root-apps?
> Isn't the user root a Superuser so that he's able to do everything even
> damaging the system? I think so!

Not if the attributes are set. If +i is set, the file is IMMUTABLE, even
by root until the attibute is removed.

Corwin J. Grey
Techline, Inc.
Engineering and Application Development
"What does this tell me?  That if Microsoft were the last software
company left in the world, 13% of the US population would be scouring
garage sales & Goodwill for old TRS-80s, CPM machines & Apple ]['s before
they would buy Microsoft. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement."
        -- Seen on Slashdot