Exim, mutt and Eudora-like personalities

About five months ago, I asked how to set-up Eudora-like multiple
personalities with Mutt and Exim.  I received some good help, but
still couldn't get it to work.  People explained how to use "my_hdr
From:", set use_from, and set envelope_from.  I kept trying to get it
to work, but nothing seemed to help.  I would put it off for weeks,
come back to it and try something new, repeat.  Last week I finally
got it to work and thought I would post it to the list for the
archives.

It seems that I had mutt configured right and the trouble was with
Exim.  In .muttrc, "set envelope_from" uses MTA -f From: Header.  Exim
will only allow people on a list to use the -f option.  I added myself
to the list of trusted users and my multiple personalities work.  I
now set-up some macros to change the from line based on the address I
want to use.  Now Exim routes my messages to the right smarthost based
on the address I want to use.

Ryan
--
And the sign says "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight"
So I jumped the fence and BLAM!