Debian on IBM Thinkpad T20

  I got an IBM Thinkpad T20 and would like to do my small part to
  improve the world by replacing the Windows on it with Debian.

  Would love to hear any stories from other travelers who have
  embarked upon this journey.

  I've not installed Linux on a laptop before, so any laptop-specific
  tips (battery icons under gnome/enlightenment, power management
  stuff, etc.) not covered in the Laptop-HOWTO would be appreciated.

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!