Re: apt-get and growing cache

In christophe barbe's email, 19-03-2001:
> Why all downloaded packages are saved in the /var/cache/apt/archives directory.
> Can I delete these files ?
> Where can I tell to not keep these file ?
>
> I see only one interest in keeping downloaded files, It' s to download only the diff when upgrading a package.
> But it's not what is done.
>
> Christophe

In the future, `man apt-get` -- it contains a wealth of useful
information.

`apt-get autoclean` will remove all the packages that can't be
downloaded from the debian archive (old versions of packeges, etc.)

`apt-get clean` will remove all the packages in the
/var/cache/apt/archives directory..

Jamuraa - Michael Janssen - jamuraa@base0.net - janssen@cns.uni.edu