Re: That damn spammer!

>>>>> "hogan" == hogan  <hogan@netspace.net.au> writes:

    hogan> Exported it without viewing from pine, zipped it, emailed
    hogan> it to my work machine and examined it in a text editor..

    hogan> This email appears to be MIME/Base64 encoded.. and crashes
    hogan> both pine and Outlook Express..

It is Base64 encoded, and declared to be of text/html. However, the
resultant file doesn't look anything like text/html to me, and
probably is either non-English (in which case it is missing the proper
charset header), or a binary file. I suspect the later.

The fact that it crashes pine and outlook, IMHO, means, that those
programs are buggy. A mail program shouldn't crash just because it
receives garbage that is meant to resemble an E-Mail.

    hogan> Looks like a very obvious spammer from the headers
    hogan> "X-AD2000-"

What are these headers for?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>