Re: ntpdate, /etc/timezone et all.

On Sun Mar 18 19:48:18 2001 Christoph Simon wrote...

>On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:24:29 -0500 (EST)
>"Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com> wrote:
>
>> /usr/sbin/ntpdate -s -t 10 clock.llnl.gov  tock.usno.navy.mil tick.usno.navy.mil
>> /sbin/hwclock --utc --systohc
>>
>> 	So wht do you siupose TZ is not working?
>
>My guess is that something is quite broken in your box; this is stuff
>which is very closely related to the libc, so if everything else is
>working proberly, most probably, you are haveing some corrupt files
>anywhere. Maybe you should try to reinstall libc.

	I really believe what's going on here, is just a lack of understanding on my
	part.

	If I type "date" without seting TZ, I get UTC time, but it says EST. If I
	remove /etc/localtime, I get the correct tme, but it says it's UTC.

	So, I must still have somthing configure incorectly.

	Is there any documentation on this?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.