Re: Getting rid of Control-M in a file?

On Sunday 18 March 2001 09:15, Christoph Groth wrote:
> Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net> writes:
> > What package are dos2unix and unix2dos in?
>
> sysutils

Thanks, I have them now.

> There is a package search machine at the http://www.debian.org.  Or
> you just download the Contents-i386.gz (Or one of the others for
> non-intel systems) file from the archive (e.g. from
> ftp.debian.org:/pub/debian/dists/potato) und use zgrep to find the
> package containing a file -- that's how I'm doing it.

Thanks for the suggestions.  At the time I needed to convert a file
"right now".  When locate and apt-cache didn't turn up anything, I just
wrote a little perl to scratch my itch.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.