Re: Gnus/emacs to Gnus/xemacs

Lo, on Saturday, March 17, mike polniak did write:

> I am using Gnus5.8.8 and emacs 20.7 and would like to try Gnus with
> xemacs. If i just apt-get install xemacs from stable will it work with my
> current version of Gnus (unstable). Are there any problems using the same
> version of Gnus with emacs and xemacs?

The Debian xemacs packages include Gnus and a number of other "external"
elisp packages.  For instance, xemacs 21.1.10-5 (as included with potato)
contains gnus 5.6.45.  As far as I can tell, xemacs will use its own copy
of gnus by default, but there's likely a way you can get it to use the
newer version (assuming it works with xemacs).  You'll probably have to
play around with your load-path.

I'm not really sure what the differences are between gnus 5.6.45 and 5.8.8;
it probably depends on how heavily you've customized your Gnus.

Richard