Re: sound with 2.4.1

Did you compile the sound support as module? I had some problem with the
ESS1868 soundcard, I didn't read the documentation in the first round, and
the support in the new kernel is a bit different from the 2.2.x kernels.
Anyway, read all the docs concerning sound and your specific soundcard, and
if you compile it directly into the kernel don't forget to choose plug and
play support. If you compile it as a module you may have to do some
tweaking, there should be information about that in the docs.

hope this helps,

Gudmundur