Re: conflicting clocks w/ win & linux dual boot machine

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 12:52:12PM -0800, Nick wrote:
> Hello List
>
> I have win2000 loaded on one partition and linux on another.
> I am using lilo as the boot loader.
>
> My windows os is set to PST which seem to keep the correct time.  But the
> linux os is 8 hours behind.  The timezone is set to PST in linux as well....
>
> Using the 2.2.18pre-idepci kernel w/ woody
>
> I have checked the timezones in each os repeatly
>
> What gives?  Thanks for any suggestions

Your Linux system probably is under the mistaken impression that the
BIOS system clock is in UTC/GMT.  However, Windblows actually changes
the BIOS clock to match localtime.  Possibly look at /etc/default/rcS
for the line that says:

UTC=yes

Maybe look at /usr/share/doc/util-linux/README.Debian.hwclock for more
info (and man hwclock).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>