RE: grip cddb config

The reason I'm vague is the error message is not very enlightening.  A
box pops up that says "Query failed".  That is the only error I have
ever seen from this thing.  Most of the time, it says nothing at
all.  It just says "unknown disk".  Sometimes, it just quits and a
message about "Realtime signal 0" shows up on the console.
xmcd always finds the disk info...

As an update, I got it to work from home last night using
freedb.freedb.org:8880.  It was on a compiled from source grip
2.95 on a woody system with some unstable (libgtk1.2 and libgtk1.2-dev).
(There are other little pieces of unstable in there like sawfish-gnome
and its dependencies.)

I still haven't gotten it to work from here (where I did the cddbcmd
tests).  If grip defaults to using http then it probably won't work
here because of the firewall and other junk that is put in the way
by the "big brother corp".  If it uses cddbp, then I don't know why
it doesn't work...???  I suppose I'm going to have to dig out tcpdump
and see what it's trying to do.

> > systems are potato and woody/unstable, grip version
> 2.95-helix1 (potato)
> > and 2.91-1 (woody/unstable).
>
> Uhh ... woody and unstable are no longer the same thing.  woody is now
> testing, and sid is unstable.

see above...woody with pieces of unstable.  The /etc/issue has
"testing/unstable"
in it, so I suppose I should have called it testing/unstable.