Re: Testing upgrade and consequences

It's like this. You upgraded to a not-yet-released, beta quality version
of debian. You seem to have done some pretty horrendous hacking to work
around dependancy problems, instead of reporting them:

> This I declined; and proceeded to (re-)install packages individually
> from an apt-get --just-print dist-upgrade list.

And things broke. This is a suprise?

This will all get fixed if you file sane bug reports on each item (sane
== including enough information for the developer to reproduce your
problem). If you just rant, you will be ignored.

--
see shy jo