Solved: HP 9694 & Accton 1207D-TX nic

A few days ago I sent a post to this list looking for
help configuring the Accton 1207D-TX netword card that
ships in (some?) HP Pavalion 9694C systems.
Unfortunately no one on the list was able to help me.

For the sake of the archives I thought I should post
the solution I found.  I happened to be browsing the
supported hardware list for FreeBSD, of all things,
and saw this card listed, along with a note that it is
a clone of a RealTek 8139.  I reinstalled debian
potato, picked the RealTek 8139 and clones mod, and
voila, everything worked.

Maybe this will help someone else down the line.