Re: Accented chars are replaced by ?'s

hi,

Happened to me too. Try to set the LC_LCTYPE argument to your locale, put
something like this in your /etc/profile:

LC_CTYPE='fr_FR' (or whatever it is)
export LC_CTYPE

When I did this it didn't work right away, even if I executed it from the
command line, but when I booted next time, everything worked fine. So, I'm
not sure how to get going, except by rebooting, although I'm sure there's
another and easier way.

hope this helps,

Gudmundur