RE: IP Masquerade + VMware + pptp

> Has anyone experienced configuring IP Masquerade with pptp and VMware ?
>
> My situation is :
>
> - Debian box running unstable and kernel 2.4.2
> - VMware + Windows 98 host system configured host-only
> - ADSL internet connexion using pptp protocol
>
> I would like my Windows virtual machine to access the net.
> What I can do now is :
>
> ping linux from windows
> ping windows from linux
> access the internet from linux

Greetings,
	I've got a similar setup (road runner cable modem), but I am going about it
a bit differently.  I have ip aliasing set up in my kernel, so I have added
eth0:0 to be an internal address 192.168.0.1 with a net mask of
255.255.255.0.  I have an internal network set up and another box acting as
a simple firewall with masq 192.168.0.2.  So, my VMWare bridges to eth0:0,
setting up an internal 192.168.0.3 address, with the firewall box as it's
gateway 192.168.0.2.
	I suppose you could set the gateway for the vmware machine to be the eth0:0
device on the host 192.168.0.1, and then run traffic that way.  It's clunky,
but it should work.  You'll get traffic problems mostly, but it should work.

HTH,

Brooks