Re: Auto Completion broken

kmself@ix.netcom.com writes:

> on Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 09:59:08PM -0500, Anthony Fox (ant@lonelyroad.org) wrote:
> > Nothing that I know of.  I think bash is segfaulting when I hit
> > tab.  Do you know how to fix this?
>
> I'd try:
>
>   - Finding out what keysym <tab> is sending.  I can't recall the
>     program for this at the moment.  I believe xkeycaps does this
>     but I thought there was a console program that did same.
>
>   - Run strace on bash and see what it exits with:
>
>    $ strace bash 2>&1 | tee bash.log $ <tab>

I used xev to get the TAB keys info:

KeyRelease event, serial 24, synthetic NO, window 0xc00001,
    root 0x34, subw 0x0, time 779723411, (100,141), root:(1203,954),
    state 0x0, keycode 23 (keysym 0xff09, Tab), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 characters:  "        "

I tried using strace, but the TAB key did not work the way it does
normally.  When using strace, TAB inserts 8 spaces rather than
attempting to autocomplete.

Any thoughts?

Anthony