Re: Dell Q & A & Comments

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 05:35:53PM -0800, hammack wrote:
> Dell has quoted: $2180, INSPIRON 4000, 128MB, 10 GB HD, 850mHZ, XGA, V90 Gold Card Modem, 24 X CR-ROM, with RH 7.0 installed.  My thinking is, test drive the RH for a while. then copy all config files for reference to setting up Debian.  I may bump the HD to 20GB.
> Comment and suggestions:    Thanks John.

It's really easy to build your own machine.  I just bought parts for a
computer I'm building for my sister.  Abit-KT7A, Duron 800, IBM 30G HD,
128 MB RAM, DVD, CD/RW, sound card, vid card, speakers, fan, case ...
didn't include:  NIC, Keyboard, Mouse or Monitor.
Damage, including shipping - $879.34

You could hunt around and get even better prices if you wanted.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted