Re: Compiling the DFE 530tx+ driver

Arfligo@hotmail.com (Arlo White) writes:

As I recall, when compiling with the gcc command shown below,
you have to add "-I/usr/src/linux" This can be done without
compiling the whole kernel.

To use the make commands, you have to be in the directory
"/usr/src/kernel-source??????" depending on the kernel you are
trying to compile. You have to select prompt for expermental
drivers to get the desired driver to configure. And the source
file has to be in the "/usr/src/kernel-source????/drivers/net/"
directrory.

I also think you are trying to compile the wrong module.
I think you need the "rtl8139". My DFE 530TX+ came with a disk
that included the source file for the driver. If you go to
the dlink web site, you get led astray, or did the last time
I checked!

Hope this helps!
Paul

--
*  For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*  that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *