NetDev watchdog on 2.4.2

Hi folks,

Basically, my question comes down to this:

What the heck is going on that this message occurs and my box gets
basically unusable? Using the nvidia module from their website, not nv
and everything else just stock unstable with kernel 2.4.2.

Mar 10 00:38:33 maniac kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
Mar 10 00:38:33 maniac kernel: eth1: Tx timed out, lost interrupt?
TSR=0x3, ISR=0x3, t=112.

How comes? The interface is an ne2k-pci (as is the other one to the
internet).

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt