koffice as root only

Hi I installed some of the debs from koffice, just to see what they were
like, but I can only run them as root.

NB I'm not running KDE so I realise that this could be a problem

kword and kspread run fine as root

but when I try to run them as a normal user I get this error:

dcpurton@twoflower:~$ kword &
[1] 2976
dcpurton@twoflower:~$ koffice (lib
kofficecore): WARNING: Office/kword.desktop: no X-KDE-NativeMimeType
entry!
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Couldn't find the native MimeType in
kword's desktop file. Check your installation !
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed

I've checked /usr/share/applnk/Office/kword.desktop

and it does indeed contain an X-KDE-NativeMimeType entry

what is wrong?

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au