Re: apt-get - resuming?

> If i do an 'apt-get source' of some package.. but i
get disconnected
before
> it can complete, then will it resume when i
reconnect ? or will it
restart
> the whole download ?

It sure does!  Apt-get is amazing!  I've been
disconnected from the server several times during an
install of some 50 plus packages.  I'd just issue the
same command on the command line and apt-get not only
starts off at the package that failed to complete
download, it starts in the middle of the download.  So
if I got say 90% of the package already downloaded, it
picks up at 90% where it left off!

Not only that, I had downloaded a .deb  of the latest
gphoto (via ftp) from unstable and tried to install
it, but dpkg complained about two dependancies.  So I
tried to use apt-get install to install the missing
packages, but there were some circular dependancies so
I had to use -F to 'force' it.  Not only did that
work, but apt then went and finished the install of
gphoto for me!  Let's see you do that with RPM!

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....