Re: permissions for mounted vfat

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 22:18, Vadim Kutsyy wrote:
> > hello list,
> >
> > I recently setup a dual boot system w/
> > debian unstable/woody w/ 2.2.18 and windozs w/ a fat32 partition
> >
> > all goes well when mounting it as a vfat type.  I can read from the partition,
> > but I can't seem to write to it.
> >
> > I have tried chown root /mnt/winhd --where it is mounted.
> >
> in your fstab make line something like:
>
> /dev/hdb4 /win  vfat defaults,exec,rw,user,uid=1000   0 2
>
> You have to have uid=something

Nonsense. Here is my /etc/fstab entry (potato, Win95 OSR2). root has
full access:

/dev/hda4       /Win95  vfat    noauto,unhide

And here is the mount point:

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Oct  1 18:09 /Win95/

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\